Vilnius University Students’ Representation in the Faculty of Philology (Lithuanian acronym: VU SA FilF) – one of the fourteen VU SA structural units.
What is VU SA FilF?
Vilnius University Students’ Representation in the Faculty of Philology (Lithuanian acronym: VU SA FilF) – is one of the fourteen VU structural units. VU SA FilF was founded on November 27th, 2002 by the most active students of the Faculty of Philology. That is exactly when VU SA FilF celebrates its birthday.
Who can be a member of VU SA FilF?
Anyone who has ideas and wants to do something not only for himself but also for the benefit of other students, can be a member of VU SA FilF. The main criterion is to come and take action!
What does VU SA FilF do?
The activity of Students‘ Representation ranges from representing the students, defending their rights and interests in various work groups to many other forms of self-expression, projects, which are thought of and implemented by the students themselves.
United and open environment self-sufficient improvement of students in the community of Vilnius University.
We aim to efficiently represent the students of Vilnius University by creating most favourable conditions for self-expression and upholding student culture and independence in the community of Vilnius University.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES OF ACTIVITY
Quality of work;
Structure of VU SA FilF
The chairwoman of the unit of VU SA FilF: Kamilė Bandonytė
- leads the unit of VU SA FilF;
- supervises heads of the committees, coordinates their activity;
- coordinates and organises the fulfilment of decisions by the Student Board;
- represents students of VU FLF by officially expressing their opinion, defending their rights and interests;
- represents students of VU FLF in the VU SA council and the parliament, committee of dispute investigation, VU FLF council.
Committee of Academic Affairs
head of the committee: Toma Limontaitė
- tries to improve study programmes and quality of studies;
- defends the rights of students;
- deals with academic problems;
Committee of Social Affairs
head of the committee: Aušrinė Gedminaitė
- takes care of the development of fair competition and social well-being of students;consults about social questions (scholarships, payments, etc.);
- responsible for confirming data of LSP (Lithuanian Student Identity Card);
- solving problems and everything that is related to the LSP of the students of the faculty (not only).
Committee of Information
head of the committee: Dovilė Keraitė
- is responsible for distributing information;
- helps other committees with issues regarding advertising;
- advertises projects, lectures, events, etc.;
- cooperates with the media and other organisations when an opportunity arises;
- administers the web site of students‘ representation and other web sites (social network “Facebook”, “Youtube” channel, etc.)
Committee of Organizational Field
head of the committee: Elena Jakelaitytė
- organises various cultural and leisure events;
- develops students‘ creativity, artistic abilities;
- represents the outer face of the Faculty of the general public;
- constantly cooperates with committees of marketing and information;
Committee of Marketing
head of the committee: Laura Kiudulaitė
- responsible for searching for material resources;
- cooperates with the private sector;
- searches for sponsors and permanent partners;
- constantly cooperates with organisational and informational committees;
- responsible for improving the strategy of marketing field;
Human Resources Coordinator: Eimantė Arbutavičiūtė
- deals with attracting, keeping and motivating new members for all year;
- motivates and consults members to to join fields of activity that match their expectations and abilities;
- collects and analyses feedback forms to see which fields of VU SA FilF activity need improving;
- cares about lifting members competence;
“Sąžiningai” Coordinator: Aušrinė Gedminaitė
- coordinates the monitoring of exams;
- responsible for academic honesty;
Coordinator of tutors: Rūta Stančikaitė
coordinates the activity of tutors of first-year students.
More about Vilnius University Students’ Representation in general:
VU SA is an independent, non-profit orientated, non-political organization which represents the interests of all students of Vilnius University (VU);
VU SA is a filter which „absorbs“ the problems of students and solves it;
VU SA is a medium in which the opportunities for an independent improvement are being created;
VU SA is a kind of a student university where citizen duties, responsibility and creativity can be learned;
VU SA is an idea with which you go to sleep and wake up;
VU SA consists of students and is aimed at students.
VU SA acts for students:
- acts for the good of students (defends the rights of students in governing organs of VU and beyond the boundaries of VU);
- improves the process of studies (ensures the quality of studies by offering essential changes, helps in the process of writing appeals or in choosing optional courses);
- takes care of social welfare (endeavors to achieve the fulfillment of basic students’ physiological needs,
- initiates the mounting of the rest zones, participates in the distribution of scholarships);
- organizes meaningful leisure activities (in order to make the time spent at the university unforgettable);
- spreads information (in order to make the most important news known to all students).
VU SA offers to find one‘s unlimited opportunities. A person may join these programmes of VU SA: „Without labels“, tutors programme, „ Do not crib“. Moreover, a person may try his/her skills in these VU SA clubs: photography and cinema, Kendo. Also, a person may join the biggest VU SA projects, such as a students‘ newspaper „Studentu era“ and the radio station „Start FM“.
The subdivision of VU SA can be found in every faculty of VU, the central VU SA office can be found in the main chamber of VU (in the courtyard of observatory).
VU SA (the meaning of acronym: „Unanimously For The Future Of Students!“)